As purveyors of laminate flooring and more, we get a lot of questions about our products, especially about ways to maintain their look and quality.
After all, laminate flooring is a very affordable option, so a lot of people have it in their homes. But since it’s an investment, it stands to reason that many homeowners would want to know how to retain the overall aesthetic for a longer time.
So to answer all of your inquiries in one go, I-Maxx Exchange decided to offer a list of all the dos and don’ts of maintaining laminate floors!
The Dos of Laminate Flooring
- Dry mop your floor whenever you need to collect dust and debris
- Use a microfiber cloth or a mop
- Avoid using harsh cleaners otherwise it will diminish the quality of the laminate
- Clean between the nooks and cracks of the flooring
- Freeze a stubborn stain with an ice cube before gently scraping it off
- If above tip doesn’t work, use nail polish remover and some cotton to gently rub off the stain
- Use a water-and-vinegar solution to clean the floors
- Place area rugs in place where there’s heavy traffic
- Place furniture pads underneath heavy furniture to avoid grooves and scratches
- Contact a professional in flooring or your flooring distributor if you have any questions about the product
The Don’ts of Laminate Flooring
- Add soap to any solution when cleaning. Soap isn’t easy to clean and can make the floors sticky and slippery
- Use any method of steaming or wet cleaning
- Use a vacuum cleaner otherwise you will get scratches on the laminate
- Use any cleaners that boast polishing capabilities. Also don’t use any products containing oil or wax otherwise they will leave a film of residue on the floor
- Use commercial cleaning agents
- Use a beater brush
- Walk on floor with stiletto heels
- Ignore any damage on the floor. Buy replacement product when having laminate flooring done otherwise you may not find the same design in future
- Disregard care procedures provided by manufacturer
Buy Laminate Flooring from I-Maxx Exchange
We present a fine selection of laminate and WPC flooring as well. We also have a gorgeous collection of luxury solid wood cabinets for kitchen and more that’s sure to appeal to your taste.
Shop for the best laminate flooring for your home renovation and use the tips above to maintain their look for the years to come.